To start an open-ended range of eminently usable small adventures for Troika curated by us, to highlight the cool Troika writers out there and help them feel less ‘third party’.
- Manuscript specification between 5000 and 10000 words
- Must not contain any new character backgrounds
- Must not be a new hack using Troika as a base - though some houseruling is fine
- Must be submitted as a complete first draft, not a pitch
- Cool fantasy shit first (™), no meta / ironic / cutesy / conceptual art vibes
- Must take place in or near to Troika city
- Should prioritise interactivity, player agency, danger, adventure
- Should be playtested and credit playtesters
- Must be a location-based adventure yielding 1-3 sessions of play Hexcrawls, in-city ‘wilderness’ areas, pointcrawls, city-crawls and dungeons all permitted.
- Artwork will be supplied in-house by either Andrew Walter or Shuyi Zhang.
- At least 80% of the writing should detail the adventure, NPCs and locations (leaving 20% for new monsters, spells, items etc if you like)
- Absolutely positively no more than 10000 words.
Contractual Agreement with Author
We buy the rights to publish the book outright for £2000. At each reprint the author will be paid an additional £2000 or else the rights to the work revert to the author. A reprint will be no more than 2000 copies.
Send your drafts here
Registered company: 13405617
© Copyright 2022 Melsonia All rights reserved